Adjustable arrow shape corners

I’ve been using the adjustable arrow shape along with a round-corner radius for button shapes that have two rounded corners and two square ones. It’s a trick I picked up from some UI element stencil years ago. Anyway, out of nowhere these shapes now have three rounded corners and one square one. I can’t figure out how to fix this. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the application but that didn’t work.

Any ideas?

Can you post an image for us?

Are you using two line segments?

What MacOS and OG versions?

This shows the shape settings and different rendering of the top-right and bottom-right corners which should be the same. Thanks!

Okay. I think I got it. (I don’t use adjustable shapes that much so just kind of winging it here! ;-)

You can bring up the Node editor and get some finer adjustment on the shape (Hotkey “F”) On my screen I see two to three nodes at each change of direction. You can pick up and move the to help get your corners back. Since this is also a Bezier Shape (only kind of shape currently in OG), watch your Bezier control points and handles which can have quite and effect on your image.

Thanks, that’ll help me fix certain shapes… what I really need is for the adjustable arrow shape to behave like it used to. I make heavy use of these 2-round, 2-square corner shapes in my UI/UX work, it’ll be a real blow to my productivity if I need to redraw every button or go into bezier mode every time I need to resize a button.

Can you just try following the steps 1–6 in my drawing to see if you get the same result or if it’s working correctly for you?

You could create your own stencil items so you don’t have to adjust it each time. Probably easier.

I think I followed your steps: create shape, make adjustable arrow, drag handle out to corner to remove arrow ‘barbs’, set rounding to 20pt. I get:

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 11.46.08 AM

(OG 7.13)

Thanks, looks like it’s working properly for for you.

The stencil suggestion could work for the future, problem is I have years worth of design files with hundreds of instances that now render with the faulty adjustable arrow. .

…and there isn’t an easy “Find and Replace” for objects. I have the same issue. I update a stencil and then have to go through each canvas, locate the old ones, and insert new in their place.