Any quick way to filter by items that have multiple tags?

So today I was listening to Mac Power Users and David Sparks said in the OF3 ad read: “Now with tags, it’s really simple to filter by items related to Work, that belong to a particular client, that take less than 15 minutes” or some such.

And I thought “Sure, you can do that, if you create a custom perspective.” Which is a LOT of overhead if you just want to do a simple query. And in Things you can just command-click on multiple tags and get a very quick AND filter of lists.

Is there any faster way to do this than creating a perspective? If not, I can send an email as a feature request, but wanted to see if this is something I’m missing.

1 Like

Hi CatOne,

If you go to the Tags view, select a tag and then command click further tags you see all actions for all the tags. Is that what you mean?

I think that’s the opposite of what’s being sought here - cmd clicking multiple tags adds all the actions with any of those tags to the view, what I suspect we’re looking for is ‘show me only the actions with these tags’

Which is a fairly quick perspective, but not easily changed on the fly.

Maybe in the Tags perspective a shift cmd click could filter?

2 Likes

Yep, I read it again and it’s clear now. Sorry about that. I was hoping a SHIFT-COMMAND click (or similar) would do the trick, but no. :(

Great idea. Just like my post: Multiple tags may cause too many perspectives

But, this feature will significantly change the most important part of PRO version of OmniFocus: perspective.

So, maybe it can not be implemented easily.

Is this on a feature request list yet?

“tag-xAND tag-y” searching for multiple tags seems mandatory for tag-based sorting

1 Like

+1 for this request. A ‘quick filter’ for multiple tags would help a lot.

1 Like

I can’t believe that such an obvious feature is not available in the standard version! And even in Pro it does work as simply as it should.

+1 - this behaviour goes against everything I expect from tags - selecting multiple tags should AND by default.

Hi,

1. Click or tap Map Properties icon in the top left, the select the Filter tab.
  2. Click or tap Tags. to display a drop-down list of tags
  3. Select the tag you wish to filter by.
  4. You can close the Filter dialog and your filter will remain in place.