I know that you are making a transition to omniJS scripting, and I’m not sure to what extent compatibility with Applescripts written for earlier versions of OG7 is still a goal,
but a small cry of pain here :-)
I still rely surprisingly heavily (day to day diagramming), on an AppleScript which:
- works fine with OmniGraffle 7.10.2 (v195.13 r328142)
- but is broken by current beta builds.
One of the issues seems to be that some uses of the shape keyword no longer return a reference, though graphic does. Switching away from
graphic, did not, alas prove enough.
Here is source text for a script which assumes a tree-like diagram (no loops, and a single outline ancestor).
You should be able to enter commands like block to switch to a block diagram, and then things like:
- d=r (direction of tree is from right) as well as d=t, d=b, d=l, to reorient the root to leaves direction of the tree
- m to see a menu of simple macros for nested diagram styles
- tree to return from a block diagram to a tree diagram, etc etc.
(And changes in tree or nested block direction should also change magnet positions appropriately):
Treetool.applescript.zip (20.6 KB)