Arggh -- Action Group->Task is Inconsistent with Folder->Project

I have posted this inconsistency before @SupportHumans.

• Select a collapsed Folder. Type a return. A new Project is created BELOW the closed Folder.

• Select an open Folder. Type a return. A new Project is created INSIDE the open Folder.

• Select a collapsed Action Group. Type a return. A new Task is created INSIDE the closed Action Group. ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! :-(

• Select an open Action Group. Type a return. A new Task is created INSIDE the open Action Group.

I would wish this inconsistent behavior in the UI would be handled as a BUG REPORT rather than a “feature where you have to work around it with modifier keys”.

–
JJW

1 Like

Hi @DrJJWMac

Sorry for this inconsistent behavior! This is not the intended behavior, though, I know it has existed for sometime now. With that, we do have an open bug report filed about this, and I’ll get you added to it so the team knows this is a source of frustration for you too.

It sounds like this has probably been mentioned to you before, but in case it hasn’t, using Option-Return will add a new task below a selected Action Group, whether it is expanded or collapsed. Hopefully, we’ll be able to address this at some point in a future releases, but I hope Option-Return might help make this a little less inconvenient for the time being.