Auto-Leveling moves tasks over just completed tasks

Hi,

I experience the following problematic situation with the auto-leveling feature:
I work on a task I had scheduled for today. I mark it e.g. 80% completed. Omniplan now moves tasks that are further down the timeline to today as if I still had the full day to work on these. This doesn’t make sense of course.

I am aware that I could set an “earliest start date” to each task, which would prevent them from moving but then auto-leveling won’t move tasks around smartly anymore.

Am I using Omniplan wrong or is this a weird behaviour?

Zip file of omniplan file:

In the images Friday is today

1 Like

@marek This is also something we have an open bug for in our development database - currently, leveling does not take time of day into account. When a task is marked complete ahead of schedule, OmniPlan assumes something else can be scheduled to occur during the time originally blocked out for that task. However, in this case, that block of time did occur in the past (earlier today), and OmniPlan shouldn’t be moving tasks backwards into a slot of time that has already occurred. I’ll attach your email to the open bug so that we have record that this behavior interferes with your workflow.

For the time being, you could work around this behavior by setting the “Current Editing Date” to tomorrow’s date when working with your file in the evening (this is done via the “Set Current Editing Date…” item in the Project menu in the OmniPlan menu bar).

thanks also for clarifying that!

Tried to use OmniPlan and encountered the same problem.
I’ve created a very tight schedule and wanted to track the progress on per minute basis but failed because of this bug.

Can you provide an operation video or GIF?

We’ve corrected this behavior in the most recent versions of OmniPlan. If you’re still having trouble, our Support team would be happy to help out! They can be reached by email at omniplan@omnigroup.com or by phone Mon - Fri, 10am - 5pm Pacific at 1 (800) 315-6664 or 1 (206) 523-4152.

Could you, please, clarify in which version leveling over completed tasks suppose to be fixed. I am using OmniPlan/3.13/GM-v200.16 OmniPlan/3.13/GM-v200.16.

And I am still experiencing issue with OmniPLan is trying to level resource over completed tasks.

@maksymmarkov The specific fix I referring to was released in OmniPlan 3.12 for Mac. Could you email our Support team so that they can look into why you’re still having trouble with this behavior?