"Available, not deferred" perspective

Hi all,

I’m wondering if it is possible to create a perspective where it shows me the remaining tasks of active projects, but not those tasks that are deferred to a later date. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Patrick

Sure. The easiest way would be to click on the View button in Projects and choose to show Available. You could also create a perspective and set ”Filter by availability” to Available.

2 Likes

Sorry I wasn’t specific enough. The “Filter by availability” filter when set to “Available” doesn’t show the sequential tasks after the currently available one. The “Remaining” option shows all of the sequential tasks but also shows tasks that have been deferred to a later date.

I would like to be able to see the Available tasks and their sequential tasks after the currently available one, but not those that I’ve set a deferred date that has not yet occurred.

I can see that the problem here is that if you have a deferred date that is set for 3pm today then not showing deferred tasks would not show this item even though it is likely for my planning that I should be able to see that a task is deferred to today. It’s the tasks that I’ve deferred days or weeks ahead that I’m trying to hide.

Maybe the tasks aren’t sequential if you want to see all of them? Would it have any negative consequences to set the projects to parallel?

1 Like

This could make sense, if you just want a quick overview of the whole task flow, and in addition to that you’re a heavy user of deferred dates. Would be nice to see that working…