Just wondering if others see this behaviour before I log a support ticket.
- OmniFocus 2 for iPhone lets me know, via Notifications, that I have a new due item
- I see the notification but don’t open OF2
- The badge icon for OF2 does not update to indicate that I have a due item
- I’m busy doing something else so I can’t do that thing right now
- I forget that I have a due item, because the OF2 icon shows nothing
- Sadness prevails
- I do have Background Refresh turned on for OF2
- I do have badge icons turned on, and if I open the app the icon appears
Is this “expected behaviour”? Shouldn’t background refresh be changing the icon for me?
I’m finding it difficult to trust my truly important, must-do tasks to OF2 because of this. I only assign a due time if something really must get done by that time, and it’s too easy to miss a notification or dismiss it because I’m in the middle of something else. I have OF2 in my Dock for a reason, and that reason is that I’ll always see it, and if there’s a red badge there then I know that there is something I absolutely must do.
As it is, if there’s something I can’t miss at a certain time I’m using the excellent Due.app to pester me because I know it will get in my face. But I don’t want to have to do that. I have a to-do system, and it’s OmniFocus. In this instance, however, it isn’t working.
Just me? I hope so, at least then it might be fixable…