Be a good... Project

I have discovered a handy project strategy I wanted to share in case it’s helpful to others. I created a project folder titled “Be a Good” and then I populated it with single-action lists that correspond with several roles I have: self, wife, daughter, friend, colleague. I don’t put everything here, it’s actually a pretty short list, but sometimes it’s the perfect project for the things I want to do to be the person I want to be.

For example, a friend is running a marathon in November. I created a task, “Email Dale good luck w/the marathon” and put it in the “Be a Good: Friend” project. I need to send some souvenirs I got my dad from Yellowstone… “Be a Good: Daughter.” I want to jot off a note to someone was especially kind to me at a recent conference… “Be a Good: Colleague.”

Anyway, it’s worked well for me and so I share in case it works for you.

The clever thing about that is it makes you think about other things you could add to the lists, maybe more so than if you just had a tag for each person.

Great idea, Beck, and thank you for sharing it!

This is brilliant!
Task management and aspirational personal growth rolled into one.
Thanks.

Great idea, I did a similar project for correspondence. Monthly reminders to contact friends & family. My work takes me all over the world and sometimes its a challenge to keep in touch.

Cool idea. I’m going to try it. Thanks for that!

I’m going to give that a go, too. Thanks. :)

I have been doing it for a while with the emoji tag such as 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

Nice, reminds me of Ben Franklin’s daily routine based on practicing virtues.

That’s a great idea, thanks for sharing!