Best OMNI/Mac products to create a historical timeline?

Hello OF community,

I currently use OmniFocus, OmniOutliner and OmniGraffle. I use the products for personal rather than professional use.

I’m interested in creating a historical timeline to record past events; e.g., date, location, event, person, attach A/V, etc.

I’ve looked at Mac apps such as Timeline 3D (https://www.beedocs.com/timeline3D/mac/), and I’ve tried to gin up my own custom apps using Excel/Numbers. Long trial/build short, I haven’t been pleased with the results.

That got me to thinking - maybe I can build a solution using one/more of my OMNI apps, either in a stand-alone fashion or in combination with other OMNI/Mac products.

Q: Does anyone have any experience/guidance they can offer?

Thanks - Mark

PS: I think there is a booming (pun intended) market for a solution such as this. I’m an IT veteran but I just don’t have the time/patience to build something right now.

I tried with Omniplan some years ago, but found Aeon Timeline much more suitable for the purpose.

1 Like

Thanks, Jan. I just took a look at Aeon Timeline and I think it might be a good fit for my needs.

Mark

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.