Brand new user - a few questions

I have pretty simple needs and this looks like a great program but I’m having a bit of trouble getting started. I’m looking to put circle on a canvas, some filled in with white, others are blank - the problem is the canvas right now is white - how can I change the canvas color. Do I do that with layers? I’ve toyed around some and haven’t figured it out yet. Also I was reading about dark mode - that seems like it may be a good option to look into as well. I’m on a trial so I’m trying to figure things out pretty quick - your help is greatly appreciated.

It is a great program when you get used to it. Good luck with your experimenting! To change the canvas color, you use the inspector to the right of the screen. Click on the third button (Canvas). There you have some options for the canvas, including Canvas fill.

It is an excellent program and improving all the time.

As Jan_H said, the Inspector is your key to image attributes. Even though I have been using OG for a few years, I go back and re-read the User’s Guide occasionally to see what other things I am missing.

You can also find some videos to help you at: https://www.omnigroup.com/video/omnigraffle/