Breaking Projects Apart (And Putting Them Back Together)

Hey there! I manage multiple projects at a time. As I was learning OmniPlan, I found it easiest to keep each project in one master project file, keeping each project as a top-level task. Now that I have more of a handle on it, though, I wanted to see if there’s a way to break these projects out to separate project files, bringing them all together with a dashboard.

My main challenge is that the resources (people!) pull from the same pool for each project I work on. While I realize a dashboard will track resources, what I worry about is having to update all of the resources in 5, 10, 15 and so on projects. Is there a good workaround for this? Or a workflow, rather, that I’m missing?

And also, best practices for breaking these out to multiple projects. Thank you!

@poritsky It sounds like you might find it useful to sync resource loads between projects. Information about setting this up is available in OmniPlan’s manual: https://support.omnigroup.com/documentation/omniplan/mac/3.10.3/en/collaboration-and-multi-project-review-pro/#balancing-resource-loads-across-projects

Hope this helps!