Can Forecast view use BusyCal or Fantastical instead of Calendar? [A: it’s an open feat. req.]

In Forecast when selecting an calendar item clicking on “view in calendar” iCal pops up. It would be great if possible to select an other calendar applications like BusyCal.

23 Likes

We have a bug filed for that. Thanks.

3 Likes

Indeed, OmniFocus should launch the default calendar app (Fantastical, in my case), just as it launches the default email application.

5 Likes

plus one for that, please do not forget Outlook

2 Likes

plus one for this feature as well. BusyCal, Fantastical, or Outlook - whatever is selected by the user as the calendar default.

Jeff

1 Like

Yes, please include this feature. I am using BusyCal.

4 Likes

Me too. BusyCal.

1 Like

Rather than making variants on “+1” posts, if you want to show support for an idea mentioned earlier in the thread, please “like” the post that mentions it by clicking the heart. Discourse pays attention to that and will raise the visibility of the thread you’re participating in and get the idea in front of more eyeballs. A new post doesn’t do that.

(And if the goal is to ask us to add something, be sure to email omnifocus@omnigroup.com, of course.)

One of the things that Discourse attempts to address vs. the software that’s come before it to try and prevent threads from devolving into a literal bulletin board of people talking but not to each other. A new post should add something new and significant - it should be part of a conversation. “Me too,” no matter how well intentioned, doesn’t rise to that level.

3 Likes