Can OmniFocus pull URL title when saving website from Safari share sheet on OS X?

Is there a reason you have to manually type in the title of a webpage when saving it from Safari using the OS X share sheet? Is there an update coming that will add it automatically? Thanks!

I came here looking for a solution to this exact issue. It drives me nuts that I don’t get the title of the page in OF when using the share sheet.

Can I assume you haven’t found a workaround?

I don’t use the share sheet for this reason - it seems pretty useless.

I use the OmniFocus:Send to Inbox service instead, which has been around for years and works great. I’ve even given it a keyboard shortcut (you can do this in System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts -> Services.

Does this work for you in Safari?

For me, it doesn’t appear in the available Services in Safari, though it does in other programs.

You have to have highlighted some text on the page; then services become visible and, if you Send to Omnifocus Inbox, you get the highlighted text as the name of the task and the url in the task notes

Ah ha! I never realized that. Thanks!

It’s an old thread, but in case someone is looking for a good solution for this problem check out OmSave.

It’s an extension for Safari that adds a button in a toolbar to save into OmniFocus. It pre-fills the title and page description for you, but also can attach the main image from the page or its screenshot. You can set it up to assign tags and a project for all the entries you save from Safari. The format of entries is configurable, so you can tweak it to your liking using the built-in editor.

I just recently released it, but I’ve got a pretty good response and planning to have more updates in the near future expanding the functionality and making it even more useful.

3 Likes