Can you block dates for a specific task vs resource?

Is there a way to block out dates for a specific task or create a rule that a specific task can only be done a specific day of the week so that if a task is not done by the specified week day it will automatically reassign it to the next open date?

Example 1: Task B can only be done on Thursdays; however, it is dependent on other tasks being completed first. If Task A is finished on a Friday Task B would have to then start the following Thursday vs Monday. In this scenario, our supplier only accepts orders on Thursdays so I would want to see Task B start the first available Thursday after Task A is complete. I’m thinking there would be an option where I could either block all other days of each week or specify only allow Thursdays or something to that effect.

Example 2: Task B can only be done on certain dates; however, it is dependent on other tasks being completed first. If Task A is not completed in time to meet the first available date Task B will need to start on the next specified date available vs the day after Task A is completed. In this scenario, Task B relies on a carriers shipping schedule so I would want to see Task B start on the first open ship date available after Task A is complete. I’m thinking there would be an option where I could block all unavailable dates or specify only the dates available.

Hope that wasn’t too long or complicated :)

@jasg - did you ever figure this out? I realize this is an old post, but I have this same question. Thanks for any help!

@devynosborne I want to say I dug a bit and came up empty handed since this app now collects dust on my desktop lol

I saw your other post and it sounds like that would work… I can’t remember why that wasn’t working for me though because I did add “vs resource” in the question for a reason but it’s been too long… I’m guessing I needed it by task because there were just too many tasks that could only be done certain days and by specific resources. If it’s one person doing all the tasks then the resource workaround works but I don’t think in my case I could assign a resource to a resource… 🧐 I’m curious enough though to dust off the app and see if it works.

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

Thanks for the reply! The solution in the other post did not quite work for me, but I’m not sure why. You may want to follow along there, but be warned - I’m still learning (or relearning) the app myself! ;-)