Can't adjust task date

Maybe I’m overlooking something, but no matter how I categorize my task (task, milestone, etc), I can’t adjust the date. It’s always grayed out. Obviously not usable in this state, and obviously not how it’s supposed to function. So what am I doing wrong? There are no constraints set and the tasks are not dependent on any previous tasks.

@Kgrossman Sorry for the trouble! Could upload a screenshot that illustrates the behavior you’re seeing? We might be able determine what is causing this behavior from a screenshot that includes the Task Inspector for this task.

Alternatively, our Support team would be happy to look into this with you! They can be reached at omniplan@omnigroup.com. If you’d like to send them an anonymized copy of your file for troubleshooting purposes, you can do so by selecting Help > Contact Omni… in the OmniPlan menu bar and selecting the option to include a copy of the file. This will create an email with a copy of your OmniPlan document, replacing all of the text in your document with “Xxxxx” strings.

Why is this not working? I can drag the task but not edit the start and end date by direct type? This is weird.

@Emmanuel Sorry for the trouble! Task start and end dates are variables that OmniPlan outputs based on the scheduling factors you input for your project (these factors can include task date constraints, resource availability, and dependencies between tasks). Does this help explain the behavior you’re encountering? If not, our Support team would be happy to explain this in more detail! They can be reached by email at omniplan@omnigroup.com or by phone Mon - Fri, 10am - 5pm Pacific at 1 (800) 315-6664 or 1 (206) 523-4152.