Can't search custom perspective for available items

Hello, everyone.

I have been using OmniFocus 3 for a while, but I recently created a new perspective (see below) and noticed that, if I set “Availability: Available”, I cannot use the search bar (search:Here) to find tasks or projects.

If I set “Availability: Remaining”, search:Here works fine.

If I keep “Availability: Available” but Group and Sort:Individual actions instead of Group and Sort:Projects, search:Here also works fine.

Does anybody understand why I can’t search my new perspective?

Edit: what I mean by “cannot use the search bar” is, when I start typing, OF usually starts showing tasks/projects with the keywords, but when I use my new perspective, no tasks are filtered - OF just seems to show all of them.

Just tested it and it should work.
Have you tried reindexing the search db from setting?

Settings -> siri & search -> index -> reindex Search items

Hi, Janov. Thank you for your reply.

I am on the Mac, not iOS. I couldn’t find the setting you mentioned on OF3 for mac.

I did rebuild the database, but that didn’t work.

What is weird is that, the minute I change the perspective settings from “Availability: Available” to “Availability: Available”, search starts works again, i.e., as soon as I start typing in the search bar, results are filtered instantly.

Just a quick update: I tried searching the exact same perspective on OmniFocus 3 for iOS and search worked fine. My problem is only with OF3 for Mac.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.