Can't use desired shortcut for Quick Entry

I’m trying to set my Quick Entry shortcut to command-backslash on my new computer, but Omnifocus tells me that it’s a system shortcut.

However, when I go to my system shortcuts, I don’t see that being used anywhere. Moreover, I’m using command-backslash as my Quick Entry shortcut on my older device. Not sure why I can’t on my new computer. Any help?

Are you using 1Password? If so, ⌘\ is the default for Autofill.

On a side note, I’ve been using OmniFocus’ default Quick Entry Shortcut (⌃⌥Space) for years and have yet to run into any keyboard conflicts.

Hm, I did recently set up 1Password, but only as a browser extension (not the app). Unless I’m mistaken, it doesn’t seem to use ⌘\ for autofill, nor can I find what shortcuts (if any) it is using.

Is there a way to find what shortcuts are being used by what systems/apps/etc? I know I can use another shortcut, but I’m overly fond of ⌘\ and it’s baked into my muscle memory having used it for Quick Entry for years on my old device.

I’ve always used ⌘\ for 1Password autofill in browsers. Though, I’ve never used 1Password without having the app installed. I didn’t even know that this was possible.

There are apps like KeyCue and Cheat Sheet that can be used to reveal keyboard shortcuts. But, I don’t think this is an exhaustive list. I’m not aware of an app that can uncover all global shortcut keys.

Maybe consider using ⌃\ for Quick Open instead (assuming it doesn’t conflict with any other shortcuts). It’s at least close to what you’re used to.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.