Clicking to open in new window/tab and focus

Hi, i am looking for a function where i can click a project in the sidebar and open it in a new window/tab.

For example, when i use google chrome- i command click to open in a new tab or shift click to open in a new window. Is there any way to do this kind of thing in omnifocus? or program it with Keyboard Maestro?

Thanks, Dan

1 Like

You can go to the Perspectives editor and change the perspective settings to “open in a new view”

Another way is to use keyboard maestro to command-click on a perspective icon on the toolbar to open in a new window.

1 Like

Thanks. Is there any way to be able to click on any project and make it in a new window? I understand that i can make the project into a perspective that opens in a new window, but can i do it for any project without making a perspective for each?

And what do you mean by “use keyboard maestro to command-click on a perspective icon on the toolbar to open in a new window.”?

I just looked at Keyboard Maestro and i see that i can use command click as an action, but i don’t see how i can use command click as a trigger anywhere.

I haven’t used Keyboard Maestro. But perhaps KM can simulate a click on a part of the window where the button is located. Then it also has a modifier to simulate with the command key pressed down.

1 Like