Column Alignment

How do you reset the alignment of column text? I tried highlighting the column but that only does the title. After I reset the text to center I had to go back an reset alignment in the base column to left which was most annoying. I don’t know why this is so hard. What am I missing?

Hmm–I just tried it and it was able to highlight a column and change its text alignment without any problem and without the side-effect you mentioned. Is that what you were trying to do? (If yes, are you using the current version of OO?)

I am currently using 5.8.5. I have had to hold off on upgrading MacOS until I can finish all past accounting issues (old app requires 10.14.6 or lower).

I just went back to another document and everything worked correctly (column header and text aligned properly). I wonder if I had the Sidebar open and didn’t realize I was only changing the Column Header attributes.

What version are you running?

Version 5.10.

1. Columns should align vertically either side of each other, but never directly above or below each other.
  2. To get this effect, create a guide using the ruler tool (refer to video tutorial here) and then place your columns into position.
  3. You can add additional guides later by selecting them individually and dragging them onto the canvas. These guides are useful if you want to have multiple columns aligned together.
  4. When you’re happy with the layout, use the “Align” option from the “View menu” to make sure that they are perfectly vertical.
  5. Once you’ve done that, click the “Show Guides” button at the top right hand corner of the canvas to show the guides that were created earlier.
  6. Now you can simply press the spacebar to snap the columns into place on the canvas.

The question was for OmniOutliner. I think the instructions you gave will work in OmniGraffle.