Conduct review by folder in sidebar

I organize my projects within folders representing areas of focus (Work, Personal, Hobbies, etc). These are then broken down into sub-folders – so under the Work folder, I’ve got sub-folders like Admin, Finance, Customers, etc. Under those sub-folders are the actual projects.

Conducting reviews would be way easier if I could select the project to review from this actual structure in the sidebar. Ideally, only projects that need to be reviewed would be shown in the sidebar.

I know it’s possible show folders in the outline, but this isn’t what I’m looking for.

Any way to do this? If not, any recommendations for managing my many, many projects?

1 Like

I don’t know if I fully understand, my sidebar shows all projects and folders. So selecting a project to review is trivial. Can you explain the problem a little bit more?

When I go to the review mode, all my projects show in the sidebar as a flat listing. Are you saying you are your folder structure in the sidebar when you’re in review mode? Thanks the help.

mine show like this:

so that’s quite a nice hierarchy to work with.

But as I said: I’m probably missing something in your question

I think you understand perfectly. My sidebar does not look like that when I am in the review mode. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your review settings? This must be something in my consideration. Thanks!

Ah, now I get it.
You mean the OF review mode, sorry, I did not get that,
I never use that mode, but have a review perspective specifically for the reason you mentioned.
So I solved it that way.

Try using the focus mode to focus on a folder and then go to the review tab. It will only show you the projects in your focused view :)

2 Likes

Thank you janov and rosemaryjayne. These solutions work, though I would suggest that Omnifocus make the folder hierarchy optional for the review process. I can image there’s a clever way to expose the hierarchy, along with queues indicating what does / doesn’t need review.

1 Like

These solutions work, though I would suggest that Omnifocus make the folder hierarchy optional for the review process. I can image there’s a clever way to expose the hierarchy, along with queues indicating what does / doesn’t need review.

I encourage you to pass this feedback along to the Omni Group if you haven’t already.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.