Confusing Perspective Result

I’ve noticed a puzzling difference with the way one of my existing Perspectives displays projects with no actions. In the attached screen shot, the project has no actions but there is an indented row below the project name that at first glance looks like its an action. In fact this is the project name. Is this the intended behavior? Also, if I change the project to a single action project the project disappears from the list and is consistent with Omnifocus 1 behavior.

Group actions independently says that you want both your projects and actions to draw as peers in the main outline. (And put contexts in the sidebar.) That’s why the second “Business Process” kind of looks like a project.

Then your Presentation setting says that you want the items to be grouped by project, so we group your items into a project header.

You might try tweaking either of these settings to see how that changes the view. (And it might be more obvious if you had a few more projects and/or actions in this perspective.)

May I ask what sort of organization you were intending to create?

Thanks Lizard,

I was able to adjust the view so that it gives me the intended result. I’m now trying to create a Perspective that shows only actions that are currently available. What I’m seeing in this perspective is if the Project doesn’t have any tasks that the Project name shows up in the list. I only want to see Actions that are available. If I add a deferred task to that project with a date in the future, the Project name disappears from the list.

I’ve noticed a puzzling difference with the way one of my existing Perspectives displays projects with no actions. In the attached screen shot, the project has no actions but there is an indented row below the project name that at first glance looks like its an action. In fact this is the project name. Is this the intended behavior? Also, if I change the project to a single action project the project disappears from the list and is consistent with Omnifocus 1.

how to hide the empty projects titles in above situation? It’s also annoying me, i only want to project with actions to be viewed. BTW, the issue is also in OmniFocus 2.0.Final.