(This post was created in response to a request in a different thread; posting it here so folks using OF 2 for iPhone can find it in the place they’re most likely to go looking.)
Here’s how to add an action group to a project in OmniFocus 2 for iPhone:
- Tap “Projects” in the app’s home screen, then open the project you want to modify.
- Tap the small button at the top of the screen that looks like a circle containing a ‘+’ character.
- Give the new item you’re creating a name that will describe all the steps it will end up containing.
- Tap the “Save +” button at the top of the screen.
- Give this next item a name that represents the first action in the group, but tap the “Save” button this time.
- Locate the item you just created and tap it to bring up the editor.
- Next, use the “Move” button at the bottom of the Info tab to embed the item inside the item you created in step 3.
- Tap the Back button in the upper left of the screen to see the action group you’ve created; you can now use the “Save +” button to create the remaining items that need to be added.
In other words, on the phone, the workflow is to create the parent row, create one child row, move the latter inside the former, and then create the remaining items in the group. Hope this helps!
EDIT: coworker suggested a smoother workflow. Adding it here, then filing a bug to similarly update the documentation I based my original set of steps upon. :-)