Custom Perspective displays differently on Mac

I’ve setup a custom perspective “Todo list” and set it to focus on certain projects which were added in the order I wish to see them displayed in my todo list. For instance, I have a morning rituals project which I added first because I wanted it to be the first thing I see on my todo list. This displays correctly on my iPhone but on my Mac it’s in a different order and I can’t work out how to get it to display in the correct order.

Anybody? I’m quite new to Omnifocus so I apologise if this is a stupid question.

Honestly, I’m not entirely sure how sorting is determined. Sometimes it’s by project order, other times by context order (perhaps according to the perspective type).

But for why it would be different between the two platforms, I don’t know, and it seems others don’t either.

So I would say your next best bet is to contact support (Help > Contact Omni) and see if they can give you insight on the issue.

We recently tracked down a project sorting bug in the Mac app, and it’s now fixed in the OmniFocus 2.5 test builds:

Could that be what you were seeing? (Do the 2.5 test builds fix the issue?)

1 Like

Possibly, it seems to have corrected itself now. Confused :-)