Date Issues - November, 2019

Has anyone else experienced date misalignment in the Work Schedule for the project? Starting the week of November 10th 2019, the work week starts on Sunday and Ends on Thursday. I’m assuming this has something to do with changing to daylight savings time but not sure.

In order to get around the issue I have tried to trick the schedule and make Sunday a non-working day and add Friday as extra hours but the changes won’t stick in the schedule.

Any advice? I’m having a hard time planning my project that runs to Q1 2020.

@llarry This sounds very odd! Could you email a sample file that illustrates this issue to our Support team so that we can look into this behavior? If you’d like to send in an anonymized copy of the file you’re currently working with, you can do so by selecting Help > Contact Omni… in the OmniPlan menu bar and selecting the option to include a copy of the file. This will create an email with a copy of your OmniPlan document, replacing all of the text in your document with “Xxxxx” strings.

OmniPlan 3.12 for Mac (which is currently in public test here: https://omnistaging.omnigroup.com/omniplan/) includes an improvement in how OmniPlan handles Daylight Saving Time, but the issue you’re describing does not sound like one we’ve had reported before.

Thanks for getting back to me. I actually submitted it earlier right before I got on the forum so hopefully that will help. I also noticed in the Gantt for this file there are two Nov 2019 and then it goes to Dec 2020. Very strange.

I am having the same issue and cannot find any solutions. It has now messed up over 15 timelines and will be switching to MS Project because this software is complete garbage.

@amaem I’m really sorry to hear that! Have you gotten in touch with our Support team regarding this issue? They can be reached by email at omniplan@omnigroup.com or by phone Mon - Fri, 10am - 5pm Pacific at 1 (800) 315-6664 or 1 (206) 523-4152.

I believe the issue @llarry was encountering was resolved after they installed the most recent OmniPlan update.

1 Like