Death of the Estimated Time field? [Restored! Now available in all editions of OmniFocus.]

Yes, please!

1 Like

Please email to OFPreview@omnigroup.com to bring this feature back

1 Like

@omnigroup @kcase any updates? People are waiting. Patience is not the best friend of Productivity.

2 Likes

Man, this is perfect! Iā€™d love this feature. This would make my life so much easier. Please incorporate into the next update!

1 Like

Honesty I havenā€™t heard in months any response about thatā€¦

1 Like

Tracking Estimated Time is hugely important. It would also be useful if a sum of the Estimated Time is presented for each day in Forecast View. Right now, the color coding in Forecast view gives you a sense of how many tasks you have. But, the # of tasks is not as useful as the amount of time to complete them. Boy, this would be incredibly useful when planning and gauging your week. You could figure out very quickly if youā€™ve overcommitted.

It would be pretty simple to extend this idea so that the sum of the Estimated Time is presented when looking at items in Project view, or Context view, or to display it for just the selected items.

I understand Omnifocus isnā€™t meant to be a planning tool. But, this is a pretty basic idea without getting into Gantt charts and Resources and Effort/Duration stuff.

For those really desperate for a solution to this, Nozbe has a nice implementation of Estimated Time and this concept of summing up Estimated Time.

3 Likes

Add me to the growing list of people who REALLY WANT THE ESTIMATED TIME feature back in OF v2.
An essential productivity aspect which is missing in OF2

2 Likes

The version I have on my mac still lets me enter time estimate. However, without being to see that in the field, I agree itā€™s pretty useless in terms of helping get stuff done.

I am going to go beyond ā€œthis would be really greatā€ to this is an essential feature for me to be able to use this tool.

Itā€™s a roadblock Iā€™m up against, and I donā€™t want to have to look at other options like Nozbe, but it is very important to me, so Iā€™m staying tuned as long as I can wait to see if this comes through. Please please make this a priority for the next update! This issue prompted me to joint this forum and voice my need for this!

Agreed. Having a list of tasks and their estimated durations within eyespan will enable the user to make quick comparisons between tasks and make better decisions about which tasks to tackle. Sethfam1ā€™s mockup looks great.

I donā€™t see any mention of this here yet, so I just thought Iā€™d point out that Estimated Duration is now available on iPhone in addition to Mac and iPad.

The layout customization options that weā€™re currently building for Mac will let you choose to show the Estimated Duration field as a column in the main outline of tasks.

3 Likes

Just wanted to check in on this - happy to see the upcoming layout customization will allow for the display of the estimated duration column.

Iā€™m looking into migrating to Omnifocus but this feature is a must for me. So I will stay tuned and once the feature has been added, I will dive in. Thanks!

It would be great being able to estimate time in pomodoros or something like that.