Defer date question

Hi everyone. Need some some help around defer dates. Can’t for the life of me seem to get it right on this scenario!

I have a meeting that occurs on the 3rd Wednesday of each month and have setup a re-occurring task to prepare the minutes from this meeting starting on the Thursday morning (defer date) immediately after the meeting for completion by the Friday in the same week (due date), being a 2 day “window” for the task.

I would appreciate any ideas on how to do this, also remembering that the Thursday and Friday dates I am looking at sometimes are the 3rd of their kind in a month, but can be the 4th also.

Cheers - Adam

I would do something like this:

• monthly meeting @parallel(false) @autodone(false)
    • meeting @parallel(true) @autodone(false) @repeat-method(due-after-completion) @repeat-rule(FREQ=MONTHLY;BYDAY=3WE)
    • notes prep @parallel(true) @autodone(false) @due(2019-01-25 15:00) @defer(2019-01-24 07:00) @repeat-method(due-after-completion) @repeat-rule(FREQ=MONTHLY;BYDAY=3TH)

The meeting would pop up every 3rd wednesday, and the notes prep every 3rd thursday defer date set, and due dat 1 day later, to repeat on the data set in the repeat rule.

What I don’t understand from your question is this:

How can the 3rd thursday sometimes be the 4th?

(I set the tasks up as taskpaper, so you can copy-paste them directly into OF to take a look)

Thank you so much. Works pretty well, but same issue arises which relates to your follow up question. What I meant was using Feb 2019 as an example, the 3rd Wednesday is 20th Feb, however the next Friday being Friday 22nd Feb is actually the 4th Thursday of the month. Obviously this varies from month to month.

Maybe you could then use the project repeat only, like this one?

• the monthly meeting @parallel(false) @autodone(true) @defer(2019-01-23 07:00) @repeat-method(fixed) @repeat-rule(FREQ=MONTHLY;BYDAY=3WE)
    • meeting @autodone(false)
    • notes prep @autodone(false)
    • send notes @autodone(false)

The tasks would go through the order they are set in.

meeting -> notes prep -> send notes.

By not setting a day for the final 2 you have them available right after you’ve checked off the meeting. And this chain will repeat each month starting on the 3rd wendesday,

I think this is the simplest solution.