Does OmniFocus currently work with the iOS 10 Beta?

Title pretty much says it all. I want to jump on the beta (mainly so I can answer my family’s questions when it’s released next month) but I can’t live without OmniFocus.

Thanks

I am using OF2 on my macbook air (with beta) without any issues. However I no longer run betas on iOS after I had an issue with OF2 watch app.

While the very first Beta had a couple of issues that would prevent a good experience, I am testing with it now and it is pretty darn solid at this point! Please let us know if you see any problems. While we don’t promise it is going to be 100% perfect, some of us are using the newest betas internally and are doing well with it.

I hope a few other early adopters will share their experience as well so you get a good idea of what to expect.

1 Like

Using Omnifocus on the latest iOS 10 beta without any problems.

The only thing I noticed is that the background sync doesn’t trigger by itself. I have to open the app for it to sync my tasks correctly which can be a tick annoying when the badge doesn’t reflect the actual count of tasks. Though I am not sure if this is a iOS 10 problem or something else.

I’m having issues with not receiving context location notifications. On iOS 10 public beta 5. Noticed it since I upgraded to the public betas, so hard to say if it’s something on OF end or IOS. Everything else seems fine.

1 Like

Now that you say it, I have the same problem. My iPad is giving me notifications correctly but my iPhone (iOS10) doesn’t.

Same thing. iPhone not giving context location notifications on beta iOS 10.

Thanks for the helpful bug report! I was able to reproduce this issue in house. It might be on the Apple side as I’m seeing similar behavior in Reminders, but either way it is awesome that you let us know.

Thanks,
Lanette

Oh, good! I thought I was the only one. I also don’t get them for Reminders.app, so it seems like a system-level problem. I’ve tried providing feedback, but my report is stuck in the Feedback.app outbox. Hopefully it’s a known issue.

(Obviously, I didn’t read the whole thread before posting. At any rate, I’m still seeing this in the latest public beta.)

I’m running the newest OmniFocus beta for iOS, and I just got my first location-based notification in weeks!

1 Like

I’m now running the 2.17 beta on iOS 10.0.1, and I’m back to not receiving location based reminders. (Reminders.app is functioning correctly now, however.)

I am also on the official version of iOS 10 and upgraded to the new omnifocus version for iOS 10 and still not receiving location based notifications. Reminders app does work properly for me.

Sorry for the trouble. That is a known issue that we’ve not yet been able to address. Please keep an eye on the release notes so that you’ll know when we’ve released a fix.

Thank you for the official response. I’m glad to know it’s not just me and that it’s on your radar.

Hi @lanettetest.
I’ve noticed I’m quite often not getting location-based notifications. Is this issue solved on latest v112.10.0.171779? Any way to troubleshoot it?

We have reported this issue to Apple and as far as we know it has not been fixed yet. While there are troubleshooting steps to try, some users are still experiencing unreliable alerts for location based contexts only. I’m hoping the troubleshooting steps will work for you!

Please try the steps @tekl suggests at https://discourse-test.omnigroup.com/t/context-location-reminders-not-working/27336/2.

Thanks,
Lanette

1 Like