Duplicate Project and Move dates up by 1 year

I have a project that I completed last year. I have the same project again this year, with small modifications to individual tasks, but basically it follows the same schedule. Is there a way to just duplicate the last project, and update all the dates by 1 year?

@lssmit02 Yes, this is definitely possible! However, how easy this will be depends on how you set up your original OmniPlan project:

• To duplicate the project, you’ll simply need to open the original OmniPlan document, then select File > Duplicate from the OmniPlan menu bar.
  • If your original project was set up with relative dependencies between tasks, you’ll just need to reset the completion state of your tasks to 0% and set a new start date for your project in the new copy of the OmniPlan file. Tasks will automatically reschedule out from the project’s new start date after they’ve been marked incomplete and the project’s start date has been moved forward.
  • If the tasks in your original project were scheduled primarily by using constraint dates, simply changing the project’s start date will not reschedule these tasks. However, you maybe able to workaround this by setting the Project dates to “Undetermined” in this copy of the project file, then copy/pasting the tasks into a new project file with the desired start date for your project.

I hope this helps! If you’d like someone on our Support team to walk through this process with you, they can be reached by email at omniplan@omnigroup.com or by phone Mon - Fri, 10am - 5pm Pacific at 1 (800) 315-6664 or 1 (206) 523-4152.