Elimination of email disclaimer in tasks added by email (applescript)

Hi everyone,

I work in a “big corporation” and thats means I do not choose somethings:
-I work in windows
-I use outlook
-Every of my emails has a disclaimer and a signature

I send emails to my “sync.omnigroup.com” email in order to get new tasks in my inbox. However all that emails-task has my signature and the disclaimer in the note (and the rest of the email).

The good point is that the “signature and the disclarimer” is always the same… so I think it is going to be easy to program a script that eliminate a “regular text” from all the task notes of my inbox.

Anyone can help me please?

Thanks

Alberto

1 Like

I do not know enough AppleScript to help with coding, but here’s how you can do it manually (or set it up in Keyboard Maestro to run at a keyboard shortcut):

1. Select and copy the boilerplate you wish to remove
  2. Go to Project perspective
  3. CMD-A all items
  4. Ctrl-CMD-’ to show all notes
  5. CMD-F to open search/replace
  6. CMD-V to paste boilerplate into Find
    [Optional: select desired replace options]
  7. Enter nothing in Replace
  8. Hit Return
1 Like

Really thanks, I would prefer a script however the procedure works.

Did this actually work when you tried it? I may be making a dumb mistake with find and replace but it doesn’t seem to be working for me

It’s been a long time since I’ve had time to try this but I’ve had another go today and I still can’t get this to work. Does anyone have a reliable way to do this?
I’ve tried the find and replace but it does not seem to do anything. I’m not sure whether this could be down to the length of the disclaimer I’m trying to remove, but it’s certainly not the longest I’ve seen (838 characters).

thanks