Expanded URL support request

I’ve been tinkering with some of the more powerful automation now available via Drafts and Workflow in iOS 8, but am running up against limitations in OmniFocus’s url scheme.

I know I can create new items, and create notes for those items, but as I understand it, I cannot specify context or projects for those items, and I cannot create new projects or folders.

I’d like to be able to do all those things (and more–set flags, defer and due dates, etc.). Here’s why: I’m a lawyer. When I get a new matter, I have to set up a series of new dropbox folders as well as an omnifocus folder for the client with at least a “Misc.” single-action item project inside it. I also want to be able to automatically set up a standard set of client-intake tasks inside a particular project, inside the new client’s OF folder. This is tedious and repetitive if done manually, making it a perfect candidate for automation.

I’m reasonably certain I could do all that with Applescript, but, unfortunately, I’m don’t have a mac at work, so I need to be able to do it with iOS.

3 Likes

This would be really useful!

In the meantime, take a look at this thread which uses Hazel to process an input from Dropbox that then runs an AppleScript to create a project in OmniFocus. Ideally, with your home Mac running OF you would see the additions propagate to your iOS device automatically.

All you would need at work is access to your Dropbox folder. If that isn’t possible because of security concerns, you could modify the Hazel rule to take an input from any iOS action to Dropbox (Drafts or Workflow).