Export and Import to MS Project 2016 or older

The %Complete column is not properly populating in MS Project 2016 or older versions. I’m using v 2.4.3 (Mac OS X 10.11.3). What I’m seeing is the % Complete in MS P 2016 come up w/ different %'s than what OmniPlan calculates. This is impacting my client work and collaboration. Any work arounds or fixes?

OmniPlan 2 and OmniPlan 3 currently map completion percentages to the % Work Complete column in Microsoft Project. Given the changes we made in OmniPlan 3, including the ability to unlink duration and effort, we are discussing exporting the % Complete column, as well.

Since it sounds as though that’s exactly what you need, I’ve added your post to our development database, so it becomes part of our decision-making process; thank you! In the meantime, please see if the % Work Complete column is useful for your workflow.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Has this been resolved yet? The percentages still are incorrect when I export to .mpp.

@carlfh1 If you haven’t already, could you contact our Support team about this issue? As far as we’re aware, OmniPlan 3 exports the correct values to Microsoft Project’s % Work Complete column. Our Support team can be reached at omniplan@omnigroup.com. Thanks!

1 Like