Exporting to text or pdf is slow

I’m using the current version of OO. I like to save versions of some of my files in a format that the uninitiated (i.e. people who don’t own, use and love OO) are able to read. I’m having the problem that once I initiate an export, OO first freezes for a while, maybe a minute or two, before it goes ahead and actually performs the export. I believe this only occurs the first time I export. From then on it exports right away with no delay.

Has anybody else seen this behavior? Anybody know how to get rid of the annoying delay.

@mpw: Are you running Default Folder X? There have been some lag issues with that app and OmniOutliner in the past.

Yup, I sure am. Is there anything I can do about it? Maybe deactivate Default Folder before I try to export?

Thanks for responding!

First, make sure you’ve updated to the latest version. Newer versions should play much nicer with OmniOutliner (and other applications that dynamically provide AppleScript dictionaries).

If that doesn’t fix the problem, you may have detritus from an older version hanging around on your system. You might want to contact St. Clair Software, makers of Default Folder X, for help with removing those leftovers.

Updating seems to have worked. I had no idea that the version I had was so outdated. Thanks!