Feature request: inherit parent task TAGs by it's children in action groups

Hello,

at the moment, in action groups children tasks automatically inherit it’s parents TAG only in case they are created AFTER tagging it’s parent.

In my workflow (custom perspectives with task priorities described by TAGs: 1, 2 and 3) it would be very helpful if children tasks created before TAGging it’s parent automatically inherited this tag.

Sample use case:

1. I create a task
  2. then I add subtasks to this tasks (making the first task a parent)
  3. finally, I prioritize this parent task with TAG (equal 1) and, automatically, all it’s children inherit TAG = 1.

My workflow looks precisely like that: at first I create many tasks and add nested subtasks to them, and when I’m done I prioritize them.

I call it “feature request” since it would be good to have this functionality “optional”: many other users may prefer (but IMHO inconsistent) current behavior.

Many thanks in advance :)

Andy

I think it’s a great idea. If you haven’t already, I encourage you to submit this feature request to the Omni Group by choosing Contact Omni from the Help menu in OmniFocus for Mac.

+1 for this.

At the moment I can only get subtasks to inherit the parent tag if one subtask is already created and I then press return in that subtask to create a new subtask.

So, even if a task is created after the parent task was created and is then dragged to make it a subtask of the parent, it still doesn’t inherit the tag.

Is there a way of adding the first subtask to a parent task and have it inherit the tag?

Thanks,

Nick

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.