Finding all your saved templates, stencils and changing default save location

Sorry new mac user here, but is there a way to easily see where Graffle keeps my stencils, templates , preferences… are saved?, also does graffle keep track of various files you’ve saved? also how do you change the default folder graffle saves in?

If you go into the Resource Browser (File>Resource Browser), you can select any item and control + click to Show in Finder.

The path they are stored in for OmniGraffle 7 is usually Users⁩ ▸ ⁨senate ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Containers⁩ ▸ ⁨com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle7⁩ ▸ ⁨Data⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨The Omni Group⁩. You don’t change the default folder, but you can add folders to it.

As far as saving and exporting goes, the last place you saved/exported to should be the location used for a new document, but the location that it comes from currently is the default if the file has already been saved. Once you go in and save a new file to the location you’d like, the next new file should use that location.

If you’d like to add another location to your Resource Browser (for stencils and templates), you can add a linked folder by clicking this button in the Resource Browser: AddLinkedFolder.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Lanette

I love how OmniGroup follow’s Apple’s guidelines on sandboxing, Containers, etc.

But I keep my Templates for all my apps in /Users/myUsername/Documents/Templates/ where I have subfolders for OmniGraffle, Word, etc.

I really wish we could point OmniGraffle to a specific folder in our home directory.

I know this is a three and a half year old thread, but I figured I’d post to see if OmniGroup might chime in and say “Ya know, that’s a good idea”, or “Ya know, that’s silly”. :)

@donmontalvo I created a symbolic link in the folder I keep my templates in and run a cron job to do an archive once a month. This way when I go looking in my “templates folder” to send one to someone it’s where I expect it. The cron job does backups to a safe place for me since the original folder doesn’t get backed up. Some ideas for you anyway.