Font & Zoom customization

I think this interest only people over fifty years, and I do not know the statistics about the usual customer of Omnifocus, but it would be very useful be able to display text in a larger size. I imagine that many Omnifocus users have already requested the opportunity to customize the font used, but at least the possibility of making a generic zoom (as is possible in OmniOutliner) would be of considerable help. I personally think that some web-based applications bring with them the great advantage of being able to use the zoom of the browser (yes, even then it would be helpful if the interfaces were designed in a suitable way).

1 Like

Hi there! We certainly understand the desire to embiggen the OmniFocus interface – plenty of the Omni staff have similar needs for the UI. I think, though, the feature you’re looking for may already exist.

On the Mac, you can increase the OmniFocus font size in the app’s Preferences. Right at the top of the General tab, there’s a slider for Text Size:

On iOS, OmniFocus respects the system’s font size preferences. You can open the system’s Settings app, then go to Display & Brightness. In that section, there’s another subscreen for setting the text size, where you’ll find a similar slider.

While those options won’t let you change out the OmniFocus font (an option which has been discussed elsewhere), hopefully it’ll help as far as a text zoom feature goes. Of course, don’t hesitate to let us know if there are other changes or features that would help you use OmniFocus!

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I saw this Text Size option in the General Preferences and already set it to “Large”. But while it increase a bit, the font size does not exceed a certain size and do not become large enough to be easily read. I guess it’s my limit or that my 30" monitor has a too high resolution. My suggestion is to increase a bit the “Large” size" or plan a zoom system like OmniOutliner.

Hi @mrcmrc, we have an open feature request on file for that, and I’ve added your comments there.

If anyone else happens upon this forum thread and would like to add their voice to the discussion on the feature request, please email us so we can be sure to capture your thoughts!

Please add me to the list, as well

[quote=“anne, post:4, topic:18090”]
If anyone else happens upon this forum thread and would like to add their voice to the discussion on the feature request, please email us so we can be sure to capture your thoughts![/quote]

Done that multiple times on this topic, so just a reminder that the request is still outstanding.