Get line properties/values in script

Hi,

I trying to get the properties for a line to use as input for changing the line.
Some of the values do not come as an object that I am able to use directly.
for example:
“line.lineType” gives [object LineType: 1]
and
“line.points” gives [object Point: (100.0, 150.0)],[object Point: (300.0, 200.0)]

How can I get the values as int, array or objects?

I am creating a small plugin.
One usage I have is to check if the line is Curved, then add two new midpoints,
Now I am getting the points by doing a split of the string and convert the string to int.
“coord = (String(line.points[0]).split(’(’).pop().split(’)’).shift()).split(’,’)”

I am looking for a better method and hopefully get the values directly.
Which property/object have I missed?

Thank you
Br
Bjorn

Lines that connect 2 graphics do not have any geometry except for that it connects 2 graphics. That is why you can move objects and the lines grow or shrink to accommodate them. In this case, a Line is a graphic which is a vector, potentially connecting two other graphics at its head and tail ends.

See https://omni-automation.com/omnigraffle/lines-00.html for some examples of how to get all of the lines in a document. I hope that will help with the connecting lines, but differentiating when you have a stand alone Line defined by it’s geometry (so no connections) and when you have a line defined by it’s head and tail connections might be useful to think about.

Thanks,
Lanette

Thank you for the information.
The line connect two graphics, and is created with myLine.connect(graphic1,graphic2)

After a break I found the obvious on accessing the points data/array. (How can I have missed that 🙂 )
myLine.points.lenght
myLine.points[0]
myLine.points[1]

var {x:startX,y:startY} = myLine.points[0]
var {x:endX,y:endY} = myLine.points[1]

lineType is not an array
How can I get the lineType as a value?

Thank you
Br
Bjorn