Has the Delete Item keyboard shortcut changed?

I typically use the delete key to delete items.

I notice in OF4 I now need to command-delete.

Is this an intentional change? I don’t like it!

It has changed. I think for the better. But it does take a few days of muscle memory build-up.

@Splinky – If you haven’t already, I recommend sharing your feedback with Omni by choosing Contact Omni from the Help menu.

I prefer pressing command+delete to delete something. While it does take a little getting used to and adds a little bit more friction, it makes it much less likely that I’ll delete something unintentionally.

1 Like

This is an intentional UI change to make deleting tasks as an “intentional” decision. There have been times where I tapped the delete key and accidentally deleted a task or project. By changing to Command-Delete shortcut, I am saying “yes, I really want to delete this task or project.”

I believe there was a lot of feedback during the OF3 days and the OF4 TestFlight where users accidentally deleted tasks or projects.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I didn’t notice this during TestFlight. Weird.

Anyway, I see the logic but I hope it might become an option. In the meantime, I am going to use Keyboard Maestro to roll my own reversion.

2 Likes

It’s strange for me too, always trying to delete by using the Delete key.

I have deleted items unintentionally before, but I also have (unintentionally and more then Delete) pressed the Space Bar and marked items as completed.

This shortcut should be shown in the edit menu next to the command like other shortcuts. How would someone know what it is?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.