OmniPlan 3.6 for iOS is now available to test in TestFlight! This release includes a handful of big changes! We’ve optimized the Inspector experience for larger iOS devices, upgraded OmniPlan’s dark theme to a fully functional dark mode feature, and fixed some pesky bugs. This release will also introduce the option for new customers to try OmniPlan for 2 weeks before purchasing the application.
If you haven’t already signed up to test OmniPlan for iOS, you can do so here.
Included in this release:
- Inspectors — OmniPlan 3.6 for iOS introduces redesigned Inspectors! The Task, Resource, and Project Inspectors now open in a unified view on smaller iOS devices and as a unified sidebar on larger iOS devices, allowing for improved access to Inspector contents.
- Dark Mode — Switching between OmniPlan’s Light & Dark theme now switches the Inspector and View popover’s color palette as well!
- Free Downloads — OmniPlan is now a free download in the iTunes App Store. This change allows us to offer a 14-day trial and unlicensed read-only mode to new customers who download OmniPlan for iOS. This change does not affect existing OmniPlan customers. (App download price change will not take affect until OmniPlan 3.6 reaches final release, however TestFlight users can take immediate advantage of the new trial mode functionality.)
- Microsoft Project — OmniPlan now supports importing and exporting Microsoft Project elapsed time values.
- Settings — OmniPlan’s version number is now displayed in the iOS device settings.
- Scheduling — Prerequisite and dependent task lists now fill available Inspector space (these lists previously only displayed 6 tasks at a time).
- Toolbar — Toolbar icons and layout have been updated to better fit available space. Task, Resource, and Project Inspector icons have been consolidated into one “i” icon.
- Keyboard — Addressed a bug that could cause the on-screen keyboard to appear the wrong shade of grey on some devices.
- Localizations — Elapsed duration key label is now localized in the duration keyboard.
- Microsoft Project — Fixed a couple of bugs related to Microsoft Project import/export.
- Network View — Fixed a bug that could prevent Inspector task navigation arrows from functioning if tasks are added in Network view immediately after project creation.
- New Tasks — New task title text is now automatically selected after task creation to allow for quickly renaming tasks.
- Server Repositories — Renamed buttons to reduce confusion when setting up a new server repository.