Help: Using OO for analysis of timekeeping data

Hello all. As an attorney, I have to track the time I spend working for each of my clients etc. I generate a list of entries, each of which has a date, a number of hours, a client, a project, a notes, and a flag for whether or not the particular entry is billable or not.

I’d like to use OO to analyze my time data. To do that, I need to be able to quickly filter based on column values (e.g. all entries for “client A” and dated in December 2017) and then see summary values for that data. In one sense, I’m trying to see if OO can do some of the analysis I’d otherwise have to do in a pivot table in Excel.

What’s the best way to go about setting this up? Anybody done something similar already?

Thanks,

— Ciaran Connelly

I use something similar for my work, though I’ll normally keep tasks as indented entries, with the person’s name as the top-level row. I have a small OmniJS plugin for focusing (basically just select the the person’s row you want to deal with, and hit the Focus button) so you’ll need to install this plugin: https://toi.sh/focus.omnioutlinerjs.zip

Just unzip, and put the “focus.omnioutliner.js” package into your PlugIns directory (you can open that up by opening Omni Outliner, clicking “automation” in the top menu bar, then clicking “Plug-ins…” in the drop down)

Time.ooutline (3.4 KB)

Thanks.

Not quite what I’m looking for but I’ll play with this and see if I can’t make it work.