How to auto-strikethrough when I check an item complete?

I’ve created a number of checklists in OmniOutliner. Wondering if there is a way to more prominently visually indicate when I’ve checked an item off. E.g., can I automatically toggle the text to grey and strike through the text? I can do this manually via inspector but am wondering if there is a way to automate this… I check the box to mark Complete, and it reformats.

(Another option I’m considering is just moving these checklists into OmniFocus, which does this by default.)

Not sure if it can be done internally to OmniOutliner, but you could create a one-strike macro with something like Keyboard Maestro to check the item and then change its formatting - easiest way is to use the named formats from the sidebar, which just require one Function key.

1: Select Menu item: Edit/Set Status/Checked
2: Command-A to select the full item
3: Function key to toggle named format of your choice

thanks for the suggestion @rob. I ended up just porting these back to Omnifocus and a custom perspective.

On a related note, I’m struggling to find a use case that justifies my added purchase of OmniOutliner.

FWIW, I use OmniOutliner every day for different things. When I start taking notes on something, it’s in OO. When I’m spit-balling ideas that may for may not ever turn into anything, it’s on OO. Lists: OO. Worksheets: OO. Inventories: OO. Genealogy research: OO. Pretty much everything. The fact that it’s so free-form - meaning you can have as many or as few levels as you like, columns or no columns, etc - means it’s incredibly flexible, and can satisfy many many different use cases.

Of course, your mileage may vary, and you may find nothing. But if you just start using it without feeling it has to be the “perfect use case”, but use it as a handy tool that you can adapt to multiple purposes, you just might find it become quite useful in ways you couldn’t predict when you started mucking about with it.