How to avoid already completed tasks while flagged in a TODAY perspective?

Hey and good day,

I’m using flags, and in my today perspective, those tasks are shown, but also they are already completed.

QUESTION:
Which perspective settings are necessary, to avoid already completed tasks, which are also flagged?

/

best regards,
OmarKN

It really depends on your actual intend, but could be something like this:

PS: I‘‘ve added dropped as well, because I assumed if it‘s dropped the flagged item is as well not relevant anymore.

1 Like

This looks good, thank you Logan.

Only 2 flagged tasks don’t appear in the TODAY perspective, although set in the View Options.
And neither Due Tomorrow task.

I must say i find the UI of View Options not very practical - and OF vs.3 was more robust, if I remember correctly.

From your post I‘m not quite sure if it‘s good for you or something is not right, yet. Please give me a hint if you miss something.

Thank you Logan for asking,

Everything is fine and working, still using your View set up for the today perspective.

I merely realised, that it is not the easiest thing to define the rules for different perspectives. Maybe there are more examples on the forum(?).

However, I still think that OmniFocus is the Cadillac among GTD apps!

/With best regards, Omar KN

1 Like

Hi Omar,

some time ago, I tried to explain the process of how a custom perspective can be developed at an example. This was the post: How I developed my GTD Someday/Maybe list

Maybe it helps.

1 Like

Looks really good,

however, for this I need a good night’s sleep, then I’ll go through it step by step…
(this will be fun.)

All the best!
okn