How to Create Repeating Task Monthly on Specific Day [added in OmniFocus 3]

I apologize if I’m missing something, but is it possible to create a repeating task such as “review business report with boss” that repeats on the 1st Tuesday of every month?

16 Likes

no, not yet. OmniFocus’ repeat options have been very basic since version 1.0. Hopefully a future update will change that.

For now, I just use BusyCal to create what you were asking for.

You can send in your feedback via Help > Contact Omni to send your vote in to Omnigroup. Hopefully our votes will push this feature request up the ladder.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarity. I’m relatively new in my commitment to making OF holistically work. It’s a little troubling that this has been lacking since version 1.0; I’d think that this type of functionality would be a pretty key requirement if you wanted to have this in OF rather than using a calendar. I’m trying to use Calendars for actual time specific things such as meeting, etc., rather than tasks. I’ll take your advice and share feedback with the company. Thanks!

1 Like

+1 for this feature request. I have stuff I like to do on the first Saturday of the month. :-)

2 Likes

+2, and I was surprised this wasn’t possible already.

I’ll be emailing Omni to add my vote. Hope you guys have/will as well? :)

ScottyJ

3 Likes

+3: I second that!

2 Likes

+another one please! I have quite a few tasks I do on a particular day of the month!

2 Likes

@vok and @stevemccoy make sure to email Omni. That’s how they record interest in a given feature :)

2 Likes

+1 here for this as well. Just needed it for the first time and was really surprised not to find it.

2 Likes

+1 - I have a number of tasks that need this feature. It’s really unfortunate to be required to kludge a workaround for “on the last day of the month”, etc. Surely there are good designs for this in the wild already.

1 Like

+1 Can’t believe this hasn’t been added yet!

2 Likes

Any update on this request? Some use cases:

• Task that needs to be repeated on the 25th of each month.
  • Tasks that needs to be repeated at the end of each quarter
  • Tasks that should be once every Spring
3 Likes

+1 from me, please.

I have about half a dozen such repeating tasks.

Currently I set to to the nearest actual date in the month; then adjust once that gets near.

I believe it is logged as a request. I shall be delighted when it appears :-)

Thank you!

1 Like

+1 from me too

2 Likes

This’d be fantastic.

As well as being able to say "first monday, second monday etc), I would want it to be able to say “last monday, second to last monday, third to last monday” etc.

2 Likes

Count me in too. I want to schedule tasks on 1st Sunday, 2nd Tuesday & 2nd Thursday of each month. It’s so easy to create such entires in the Mac calendar - why not in OmniFocus?

Also how about being able to schedule an item on every 5th Sunday of the month (which will only happen a few times per year)?

in friendship

Rowland

2 Likes

Not to mention the possibility to set reviews to specific days of the week or month… But as always: Send your suggestions and wishes to omnifocus@omnigroup.com to make sure they are seen and counted by The Omni Group.

2 Likes

Yet another vote for this feature.

2 Likes

The OmniFolks will browse the forums as time permits but the +1 votes may fall through the cracks. If you’d like your votes to really count, send a feature request e-mail to omnifocus@omnigroup.com

They’ll enter the +1 into their internal database to bump up a feature request hopefully to get a feature in earlier.

1 Like

Hi Folks! wilsonng is right about dropping us an email to log your request, via omnifocus@omnigroup.com. It’s our most surefire way to ensure that everyone’s request gets heard.