How to get Clipping working in Chrome

I enabled the clipping shortcut (via system preferences) and tried using it in the URL bar (or any text) in Chrome. Unfortunately Chrome sits there with a frozen interface for about 10-20 seconds and then does nothing with the services menu item selected. Clipping works everywhere else in the system from what I have tested. None of the other services conflict with the clipping shortcut I chose. Occasionally Chrome pops up the unhappy face dialog but it disappears immediately. Console shows the following:

3/28/14 8:45:37.351 AM Google Chrome[92604]: CGSCopyDisplayUUID: Invalid display 0x2b3c5211
3/28/14 8:46:05.367 AM Google Chrome[92604]: Application com.omnigroup.OmniFocus.MacAppStore never opened its Services port before the timeout.

The invalid display message appears a number of times during the UI freeze. I am somewhat suspicious of the MacAppStore in the identifier (I had the Mac App Store version of v1).

Yes, it sounds like it’s using the wrong service. This ought to fix it:
Open System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services
Find the ‘OmniFocus: Send to Inbox’ shortcuts
The one that’s enabled is for OmniFocus 1. If you’re not using that one anymore, clear its shortcut and uncheck it. Now check the other one (for OmniFocus 2) and set a keyboard shortcut.

There is unfortunately only one entry in services for OmniFocus. Right clicking on the entry and selecting “show in finder” takes me to v2 (although I doubt that could be trusted). I also tried rebuilding launch services via

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user ; killall Dock

but that did not seem to work. Is it possible that somewhere the old clipping service is cached somewhere?

I know this is the cliché troubleshooting answer, but… have you tried logging out and back in again? That might actually coax Launch Services into finding the right app.

It works! Logging in-and-out seems to have fixed the issue although I now wonder if it would have been sufficient to just restart chrome since it was the only app having issues.