How to set one default resource?

Hi,

I am using OmniPlan primarily to keep track of various client projects. I am the only one using the software, and currently I am listed as the only resource. Is it possible to have all tasks by default use a specific resource (me)?

This way I can plan to avoid scheduling conflicts with various projects in the future. Thanks ahead of time!

Thank you,

Clare

@Clare12345 Setting up a task assigned to the appropriate resource, then selecting Project > Set as Default for New Tasks should work for this too!

1 Like

Thank you!

Hi @ains, I tried doing this, but it sets the entire task as the default task, so that when I press enter, the task gets duplicated. I only want the resource to be assigned as a default - not the task. I tried following your instructions with an empty task, and the new task gets the number 1, then 2, etc. inside the task description. Perhaps I can live with this - although the ideal would be simply to be able to nominate a resource as the default resource.

@jana It sounds like OmniPlan is behaving as expected for you now - new tasks should be created with the default task name (“Task 1,” “Task 2,” etc.), with the new “default” resource assigned. That said, I’ll file a feature request for the exact functionality you were hoping to see in OmniPlan!

1 Like

Sounds great. Thank you!

Old thread, but it still seems relevant:

When I do this, it seems to only work until OmniPlan is restarted. Then the other default attributes of the task are used, but not the resource assignment. Do others experience the same? It looks like a bug.