How we can add <leveled-start> date in file so that I can find in Actual.xml File

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know how we can date in the omniplan so that I can find it in Actual.xml. Also If I delete this date from Omniplan File then how I can add ?
2016-07-20T15:00:00.000Z
2016-05-25T23:45:00.000Z

Please advice.

Best Regards
Dishant

@dishantgniit Could you email our Support team with a bit more information about what you are attempting to do with your OmniPlan file? It’s possible that OmniPlan’s file format doesn’t support what you are specifically attempting to do but there maybe an alternate workflow they can suggest! Our Support Humans can be reached at omniplan@omnigroup.com.

We have created simple task in omniplan and applied the constraint on this. We are getting start_constraint_date in actual.xml file.How we can derive actual start date in this case.

Note : - This task do not have parent and child tasks and there is no dependency defined.

Please advise.

Thanks & Regards,
Sachin Thakral

Summarizing a couple of phone calls in case other customers have similar questions in the future: not all of the information visible in OmniPlan’s UI is explicitly written out in the XML files, and directly modifying those files is not something we currently support. However, we are working on some features meant to make some of these sort of cross-product integrations easier, though.

As we work on building those features, the most valuable information to have from the folks interested in them would be information about the kinds of tasks they might try to accomplish with them, as well as information on whether they are currently achievable through our AppleScript support. (If there’s something that makes a solution involving scripting not an option, for example, that would be very helpful to know.)

By default, OmniPlan’s XML file format only includes the minimal amount of information it needs to recreate a schedule: so it doesn’t archive derived values such as the start date, it archives the inputs it uses to calculate the start date.

In general, we suggest that people use Publish & Subscribe actions to integrate with other systems: you can add actions which happen automatically every time someone publishes edits to their document. Those actions can automatically export the document to a variety of file formats (including CSV files or an HTML full report), or even run your own custom AppleScript logic to get things into whatever format you need.

But that said, OmniPlan does have a setting which you can use to archive derived results in its saved XML rather than just its input data. The default is named WriteExtendedXML, and you can turn it on and off by opening these URLs:

omniplan:///change-preference?WriteExtendedXML=true
omniplan:///change-preference?WriteExtendedXML

Alternatively, you can turn the setting on and off by running these commands in a Terminal window:

defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniPlan3 WriteExtendedXML -bool true
defaults remove com.omnigroup.OmniPlan3 WriteExtendedXML

(If you’re using the Mac App Store build, you’d use com.omnigroup.OmniPlan3.MacAppStore in those two commands instead of com.omnigroup.OmniPlan3.)

Because this archives more information than the usual XML format, you’ll end up with larger file sizes, and it will take longer to save and load your document.

Again, our recommended approach would be to use a Publish action to accomplish whatever it is you’re trying to accomplish instead of reading OmniPlan’s XML directly. But when you need it, this option can come in handy.

1 Like

We have noticed that below link is not working only Terminal command is working for us. Can you please share your thoughts on this?
omniplan:///change-preference?WriteExtendedXML=true
omniplan:///change-preference?WriteExtendedXML

I realize this thread is a week old, and I think you’ve contacted our Support crew directly since then. But if you’re still having difficulty, could you describe more precisely what “is not working” looks like? Is it activating OmniPlan but not making the requested change? Or is there an error? (If so, please provide the exact error text.)