iCal Preferences not finding new calendars

Hey, all.

I’m a new OmniFocus 1.10.6 user and am enjoying it very much. In trying to get all my ducks in a row, I nuked all my old and useless iCal calendars and created new ones. Alas, in iCal Preferences within OmniFocus, only the old calendars are visible.

Q: Does anybody know how I can force OmniFocus to fetch the list of calendars from iCal to update the iCal Preferences?

Are your iCal calendars in iCloud, or local. If I remember correctly, OF only allows you to sync to local (on your Mac) calendars

Hi, Nick.

Good question and, yes, I’d just left everything on iCloud when rebuilding. In the end, I had to get fairly extreme in resetting iCal:

rm -rf ~/Library/{Caches,Caches/Metadata,Preferences,Application\ Support}/iCal
rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/SyncServices/Local/*

We’ll see whether it works properly, but at least the list populated correctly in OmniFocus. The real question now is whether these local copies will be merged with the iCloud calendars. I may have to chase iCloud Support to get the local calendars merged with the cloud.

Cheers and thanks for a helpful reply. It gave me a direction to pursue.

trane

Adding: Remerging my local calendars with iCloud has removed the local calendars entirely. It seems that there won’t be any way for me to do this. Pity.

Thanks for reading. :)

I think the merging just puts them back into iCloud. If you want OF to see calendars on a Mac, then they must be local only, I think.

Yeah, that seems to be the case. The benefit of syncing iCal with my iPhone Calendar trumps having cross-pollination between iCal and OF, so I’ll leave things on the cloud.

Cheers!