has anyone figured out how to manage Work and Personal databases gracefully?
- I am a multi-year user of Omnifocus and have a loose GTD system that I trust and that works for me.
- My biggest point of friction is that I want to have ONE system that spans both personal and work.
- I have a work Macbook, and I do not want to store any personal items on it.
- I have a personal Macbook, iPad, iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch
- I am okay if my work items show on my personal devices, but NOT vice-versa
Has anyone found a way to address this? The lack of a solution has me using Asana for work, and it’s problematic for me to have to juggle two systems.
Here are other examples I have working:
Evernote: I pay for 2 accounts, one personal and one work. The Evernote client on my Work laptop is only connected to my work evernote account, so never downloads any personal notes. The client on my personal laptop is connected to both my personal account and my work account.
Asana. I have a personal login and a work login. Same configuration, on my work laptop I only see my work account, but on my personal device I can see both.
Fantastical. I have the client configured to only download work calendars on my work laptop. On my personal laptop, I sync everything work AND personal.
I think my desired end state would be similar to Evernote. I’d pay for two Omnifocus accounts, and be able to see them together on my personal devices.
I’m curious if anyone has found an approach to this that they feel works well for them.