Inbox - I'm craving a fast way to clean it up using the keyboard

Is there a keyboard shortcut or a way to jump from the Project/Context field of one action down to the next Project/Context field of another action without your hands leaving the keyboard? Is anyone else craving this method from OF1?

In OF1, I would look at my 20+ actions in my Inbox and start from the top by clicking the Project/Context field, type a few letters for the auto-populate to generate some options, press return to select one, then press the down arrow key to move to the Project/Context field of the next action. Rinse and repeat. Here are my steps:

• Click Project or Context
  • Type 1-3 letters
  • Enter
  • Down Arrow
  • Type 1-3 letters
  • Enter
  • Down Arrow
  • Etc.

I wish I could do something like this in OF2. With the mouse, I have to click each Projects or Context when before I could use the keyboard to fly through the Inbox. Currently, the fastest way I can move after selecting a Project/Context with Modern Mode on is:

• Enter
  • Down Arrow
  • Tab Tab for Project or Tab Tab Tab for Context
  • Type 1-3 letters
  • Enter
  • Down Arrow
  • Tab Tab for Project or Tab Tab Tab for Context
  • Type 1-3 letters
  • Enter
  • Etc.
5 Likes

The latest build seems to add arrow key functionality. I’m not sure it’s exactly the same behavior as OF1, but down-arrow will now let you move from item to item.

2 Likes

Just tested it. This is an improvement, and I’m guessing based on design this will be the closest it will get to OF1 unless a keyboard shortcut is implemented. I can clean up my Inbox a lot faster.

• Click Project or Context
  • Type 1-3 letters
  • Enter
  • Down Arrow Twice
  • Repeat

I mentioned something of a similar sort in my (buried) thread here.

I’m afraid I haven’t touched the beta for a few weeks now so I’m unaware as to whether there are any new developments in this aspect.

1 Like

I believe OF1 has the fastest way to move from Project to Project or Context to Context with just the down arrow but the latest update is a great improvement, and I’m happy with it at this point.