Inbox is sorted very strangely

It’s extremely annoying that the sorting of the Inbox is not consistent, and I may have figured out a difference now:

• If I email my OF Inbox that item gets on top.
  • If I add an item any other way it gets last.

Personally I don’t care how it’s sorted, as long as it is consistent. As it is now, and no way to change the sort order (I know you can mark all items and Sort once), is extremely disturbing.

As you noted, it looks like items emailed into OmniFocus via OmniFocus Mail Drop are added to the top of the inbox, and tasks added in other ways (e.g. Quick Entry, Share Sheet) are added to the bottom.

My preference would be to have tasks added via OmniFocus Mail Drop added to the bottom of the inbox. There may be a technical reason that they’re added to the top. The workaround (that you referenced) is to choose Organize > Sort Once > Date Added to sort inbox items in the order they were added. For convenience, this can be tied to a keyboard shortcut on the Mac.

If you haven’t already, I recommend submitting this feedback to the Omni Group by choosing Contact Omni from the Help menu (Mac) or Settings (iPhone, iPad).

Thank you , Tim.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.