Information about Help with styles

Hello everybody.
i’m a long-time user of OmniOutliner, and i think i knew the software pretty much inside out. until OmniOutliner 4 that is.

i am completely baffled and frustrated by the implementation of styles in OO4. i select a document style, go to the inspector, and change a setting, e.g. the text colour. nothing happens to the text in the outline. i want to change a style setting for all the items at a particular level. or perhaps the space between parent and children for one level. how do i do that?

in OO3 i would select the style for a level and all the items at that level would be selected - in grey - any formatting/styling changes i made in the inspector would then be applied across the whole level. is OO4 just dumbed down, so that i have to make changes line by line, as i go along? i’m really really frustrated now i find that what was once my favourite piece of software is now virtually unusable.
website technology: tech new online
if i’m misunderstanding, someone please enlighten me. i’ve looked at both the help file - very light explanation there - and also the pdf manual. maybe it’s me. maybe i’m just stupid.

Changing the style of a level has not changed from OO3. The rows are now longer highlighted when you select the style because that was tied to the style inheritance that was removed in OO4. If you are not seeing a change then it is likely because there is a more local style already applied that is overriding it. Select some text in such a row and look at the Style Attributes inspector to see what styles, and where from, are being applied. If there’s something you’re not able to figure out, please send a sample document to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com so we can see what the specific issue is. Thanks!